CSREC Cycling Club
The importance of active travel in the fight against climate change is crucial. Active travel, which is focused on the physical acts of walking and cycling as opposed to the use of motorised vehicles with CO2 emissions, is an excellent example of sustainable travel which can have positive health, social and environmental impacts.
In line with this CSREC have launched a Cycling Club through our Forth Valley Communities for Conservation project. The club will have its base at Westfield, Falkirk however we will endeavour to offer cycling activities and sessions to minority ethnic and LGBTI communities across the Forth Valley area (Falkirk, Stirling and Clackmannanshire)
For the period April 2018 – March 2020 we will aim to conduct the following activities for the Cycling Club:
- 20 Bike Classes (10 per year)
- 40 Bike Library Days (20 per year)
- Train 8 volunteers in bike mechanics and bike ability.
- Organise 8 led cycle rides
- Develop partnerships with Forth Valley based cycling organisations to facilitate cycle repair and training programs and supporting set up of cycling communities: small cycling groups of families and people of a similar level of cycling skills and confidence
If you or your community group are interested in participating in any of these activities or would like to discuss something specific for you then please contact us on 01324610950 or firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively, check us out on social media at twitter.com/fvc4c or facebook.com/fvc4c
We have been provided with a Climate Challenge Fund Grant by Scottish Government to conduct our work from 01 April 2018 to 31 March 2020