Report Hate Crime

A hate crime is an act of violence or hostility directed at a person or group because of who they are or who someone thinks they are on the basis of their:

  • Race
  • Sexual orientation
  • Religion/faith
  • Disability
  • Transgender/gender identity

Hate Incidents

Hate Incidents can feel like crimes to those who suffer them and often escalate to crimes or tension in a community. For this reason the police are concerned about incidents and you can use this site to report non-crime hate incidents. The police can only prosecute when the law is broken but can work with partners to try and prevent any escalation in seriousness.

Third Party Reporting of Hate Crimes/Incidents at CSREC

Third Party Reporting is a way of reporting a crime, including Hate Crime and Domestic Abuse. This is a way of passing on information without, necessarily, having to talk to the police directly, if you so wish. CSREC reports Hate Crime to the Police Scotland on your behalf whether you are a victim, witness or carer. You can speak privately to a member of staff, and we will pass information relating to the incident/crime onto the police for them to investigate or record. CSREC provides Third Party Reporting as a free service, to Third Party Report Hate Crime please contact us by calling 01324 610950 or email us at and we will get in touch with you.

We are located at:

Community Education Centre
Park Street
Falkirk FK1 1RE

or you can phone us on: 01324 610950


Should you want to report directly on the Police Scotland website you can do that by clicking here


For incidents that require an immediate response or urgency, Third Party Reporting is not suitable and you should make contact with the police. In such cases, the use of emergency number 999 is recommended.

The 101 non-emergency number will make it quicker and easier for you to contact the police when you don’t need an emergency response, for example to:

  • Speak to your local police officer
  • Report a crime that’s already happened, such as a theft or damage to property
  • Get crime prevention advice
  • Make the police aware of any policing issues in your area

For a list of Third Party Reporting Centres in Central Scotland click here – Third_Party_Reporting_Centres_Central_Scotland_June_2016