Third Party Reporting

Third Party Reporting is a way of reporting a crime, including Hate Crime and Domestic Abuse. This is a way of passing on information without, necessarily, having to talk to the police directly, if you so wish. CSREC is an organisation that reports Hate Crime to the Police Scotland on your behalf whether you are a victim, witness or carer. You can speak privately to a member of staff, and we will pass information relating to the incident/crime onto the police for them to investigate or record. CSREC provides Third Party Reporting as a free service, to Third Party Report Hate Crime please contact us by calling 01324 610950 or email us at and we will get in touch with you.

For incidents that require an immediate response or urgency, Third Party Reporting is not suitable and you should make contact with the police. In such cases, the use of emergency number 999 is recommended.

The 101 non-emergency number will make it quicker and easier for you to contact the police when you don’t need an emergency response, for example to:

  • Speak to your local police officer
  • Report a crime that’s already happened, such as a theft or damage to property
  • Get crime prevention advice
  • Make the police aware of any policing issues in your area

Become a Third Party Reporting Centre

We can assist if your community organisation is interested in becoming a Third Party Reporting Centre. We will request Police Scotland to contact you so they can guide you through the process. Please call us on 01324 610950 or email us at: